First build parts compatible?

XxSelymxX

Beta member
Hello I am new to Computer Forums! I am building my first PC soon and I would like a person with a lot of experience at building a PC to tell me if the parts I have decided on will work with each other and if I need to add a part. Please do not suggest that I change any parts unless they are incompatible or completely useless because the components I have chosen fit my needs and budget. I know some parts may seem complete overkill (ex: 1050w PSU) but I want upgradeability and lots of headroom. Some parts may also seem too low end (ex: Dell u2312hm display) but I do not care too much about that particular item's quality as long as it is decent. Thank you in advance :D

Parts:

Case:
LIAN LI PC-B25F
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112248

Motherboard:
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 1155
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU:
EVGA GTX 680
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130768

SSD:
Crucial M4 64GB SATAIII SSD
Newegg.com - Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

HDD:
Seagate Momentus XT 750GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache 2.5" SATA 6GBP/s SSHD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148837

RAM:
CORSAIR Vengeance 2x8 16GB DDR3 240pin 1.5v
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

Power Supply:
SeaSonic X-SERIES 1050w ATX12V SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular PSU
Newegg.com - SeaSonic X-SERIES X-1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

CPU:
i7 3770k 3.9 GHZ (TB) 8 core (Multi Thread) 8MB Cache 77W Ivy Bridge
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Wifi Adapter:
TP LINK 8.022.11 a/b/g/n 450MBPS
Newegg.com - TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band Adapter IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI Express x1 Up to 450Mbps Wireless Data Rates Support 64/128 bit WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, 802.1x

Grounding Strap:
Syba SY-ACC65030 Anti Static Grounding Strap (Black / Yellow)

Monitor:
Dell U2312HM
Newegg.com - Dell UltraSharp U2312HM IPS-Panel Black 23" 8ms Swivel & Height Adjustable Widescreen LCD Monitor with LED 300 cd/m2 2 Million:1 DCR (1000:1)

Keyboard:
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition
Newegg.com - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers

Speakers:
Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers
Newegg.com - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers

DVD/CD Reader/Burner:
LG DVD Burner
Newegg.com - LG DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS90 - CD / DVD Burners

Front Panel Fan Controls:
Scythe Kaze Master Pro Ace 6 fan Controller and monitor Panel
Newegg.com - Scythe KM04-BK Kaze Master Pro Ace Controller Panel

CPU Cooler:
CORSAIR H70 Core Liquid CPU Cooler attach to 120mm fan
Newegg.com - CORSAIR H70 Core High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Windows 7 OEM

Last edited:
If you're using an SSD, there is no need to use a hybrid drive as your data storage. A 7200 RPM drive will suit you nicely.

What I am doing is installing only the OS on the 60GB SSD and installing programs etc. on the 750GB Hybrid HDD. Would the programs not be faster with the hybrid than on the regular HDD? If you are suggesting I use SSD caching with the regular HDD wouldn't the OS and programs be a bit slower using that method than using the hybrid and SSD separately because the SSD is working to cache files? Sorry, I'm new to SSD and HDD combinations :confused: . If you are thinking of something else please explain! Thanks!

Last edited:
What I am doing is installing only the OS on the 60GB SSD and installing programs etc. on the 750GB Hybrid HDD. Would the programs not be faster with the hybrid than on the regular HDD? If you are suggesting I use SSD caching with the regular HDD wouldn't the OS and programs be a bit slower using that method than using the hybrid and SSD separately because the SSD is working to cache files? Sorry, I'm new to SSD and HDD combinations :confused: . If you are thinking of something else please explain! Thanks!

The 'classic' usage of an SSD and HDD combination is as follows.

SSD is used to save whatever you want loaded quickly on there: OS, games, certain programs.

HDD is then just used for data, pictures, videos etc. Stuff you don't necessarily access a lot.

Depends on what you want, if you do want the Hybrid, then, go for it ;)

not a big fan of hybrid drives but it up to you i just think ssds are alot faster but dont last as long if your storing work and everything on a hybrid its not going to do anythink much faster as word files and that normaly ant that big just have more things to go wrong.

id go for a normal 7200rpm drive and the money you save maybe put to a bigger ssd

The 'classic' usage of an SSD and HDD combination is as follows.

SSD is used to save whatever you want loaded quickly on there: OS, games, certain programs.

HDD is then just used for data, pictures, videos etc. Stuff you don't necessarily access a lot.

Depends on what you want, if you do want the Hybrid, then, go for it ;)

not a big fan of hybrid drives but it up to you i just think ssds are alot faster but dont last as long if your storing work and everything on a hybrid its not going to do anythink much faster as word files and that normaly ant that big just have more things to go wrong.

id go for a normal 7200rpm drive and the money you save maybe put to a bigger ssd

Ok I understand what you guys are saying! I would still rather just install the OS on the SSD and install programs and games on the hybrid. This is because I would like the OS to be the top priority and the games/programs to be second priority but still faster than a regular HDD and I won't have to worry about not having enough space on the SSD and which games to put on it. Thanks for your answers!

Back
Top Bottom