Windows 8

Don't know much about the infrastructure at this point, but design-wise, tiled-based Start screen, better USB 3.0 support, more flexible/secure (?) booting scheme, and implementation of Metro, etc.

If they lost Metro and kept the desktop interface, it would be a winner. It's great if you have a touchscreen, very cumbersome if you don't.

Download the beta and check it out in a virtual environment.

So far i think it looks great. looks just like an updated windows 7 to me.
Only thing they really need to do is to make an option to disable the metro interface and enable the start menu.
They don't have that in the beta, but there is always workarounds.

as echonatek said if they had a button to disable metro and have a normal start menu i would look at it but if they dont there no chance that i will be upgrading to it

im sorry but how meany people have touch screen pc's or laptops and it just seems like there making the layout look like a mobile phone 2 me witch is stupid

Once people get over the "metro" interface it will basically be Win7.
They are including the touch screen interface because of tablets (which everyone has one or will have one).

You heard it hear first, it will be a huge hit.

If your video card is supported, I'm running a dual boot on an Acer Aspire 7540 and I find it to be substantially speedier than Windows 7 on the same system (both x64).

As far as the start screen, I doubt microsoft is going to include a way around it by default, and I *know* they aren't getting rid of Metro any time soon, but there is one application you can download called Start8 that gives you a regular start menu, and you can simply add a shortcut into your startup folder so that you go straight to the Windows7-style desktop. No need to ever touch or see metro!

In an unrelated note, hallo everyone! It's been a couple years since i posted here, and it seems like a lot has changed. Good to be back...

Back
Top Bottom