Can I Pad replace a computer?

lazoo

Solid State Member
Hay.
I wasn't sure where to put this but I've just heard there are programs on ipad now such as word proccessors, and even image treatments such as photophop (but not as good). So if you can create files and treat them on your Ipad, what differences is there between an Ipad and a good laptop ? The keyboard ?

I'm not sure the new Ipad has an usb port :(

I don't own a Ipad but in our household we have one and a laptop, well kate who uses the ipad and it's hers she stills uses the laptop for things, and to be quite frank, she uses it more then the ipad, so I'm coming to think, well a good £550 in the drain lol

The ipad would seem more convenient but having a laptop or a computer allows for more computing power and thus allows to run more advance programs such as CAD software, CS3, etc. while on the ipad you are only limited to what the app store offers. I personally hate apple and apple products because of this particular reason of the products of being so limited to only their software.

for me, a tablet will never replace a PC. They just simply to not have the processing power or storage I need to do almost everything I do on my computers.

Macmaster4k2 said:
The ipad would seem more convenient but having a laptop or a computer allows for more computing power and thus allows to run more advance programs such as CAD software, CS3, etc. while on the ipad you are only limited to what the app store offers. I personally hate apple and apple products because of this particular reason of the products of being so limited to only their software.

Off topic: Completely agree on that. Also their products are heavily over priced. For example take look at the av cable adpter thing for the ipad, it costs more then £30!

Depends on your computing needs and programs, I think the answer can be Yes.....
Your mobile phones and other gadgets are heading this way and the proof is in in the up coming new microsoft windows 8 OS.

A tablet will never be able to replace a PC. However, with the advancement of Windows 8 and the Dell tablet/laptop hybrid (link: Inspiron 14z) should see a huge burst of growth (as well as imitations from other vendors). We are moving in a direction where laptops/tablets/computers will all be one and the same.

(As stated above - the post occurred while I was typing mine)

A tablet will never be able to replace a PC. However, with the advancement of Windows 8 and the Dell tablet/laptop hybrid (link: Inspiron 14z) should see a huge burst of growth (as well as imitations from other vendors). We are moving in a direction where laptops/tablets/computers will all be one and the same.

(As stated above - the post occurred while I was typing mine)
Early days to say a tablet will not replace a PC, I know of people who have mothballed their PC's and using tablets only.....times and technology are changing.....Why do you think Microsoft is developing windows 8, even they can see the changes.

Back
Top Bottom