Is this a good enough build to run these games?

This type of build it what I am looking at building right now. You can most certainly play those games at high settings with these components picked out. It doesn't seem like you are on a tight budget because the GPU alone is $500. I would personally go for a standard ATX board rather than a Micro ATX and I would also get a SSD if you have the money. I personally never had a SSD but I hear they are pretty quick on load times and run more efficiently than standard HDDs. I would also get 2x8GB of RAM rather than 2x4GB sticks. Just a though if you have the extra cash.

This type of build it what I am looking at building right now. You can most certainly play those games at high settings with these components picked out. It doesn't seem like you are on a tight budget because the GPU alone is $500. I would personally go for a standard ATX board rather than a Micro ATX and I would also get a SSD if you have the money. I personally never had a SSD but I hear they are pretty quick on load times and run more efficiently than standard HDDs. I would also get 2x8GB of RAM rather than 2x4GB sticks. Just a though if you have the extra cash.

Is it possible that you could you recommend a standard ATX board?

I was looking for basically the same thing as you are just without the $500 graphics card haha. I'll link you everything that I personally wanted to order.

I personally will never get an ATI/AMD graphics card. I've had many in the past and have had nothing but graphic problems and issues with the cards drivers. I switched to Nvidia and never had a problem, Nvidia's cards seem a lot more stable and have better driver support. I picked the 560 for myself which will still play BF3 and those games on high settings but if you want to spend $500 on a graphics card than you can upgrade to one of these GTX 580's here.. Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Video Cards & Video Devices, Desktop Graphics Cards, NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 500 series, GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi)

or you can get a brand new 680 that recently came out which is Nvidia's latest and best GPU on the market now but they are almost always out of stock due to high demand.. Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Video Cards & Video Devices, Desktop Graphics Cards, NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 600 series

MoBo - Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

RAM - Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

CPU - Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K

GPU - Newegg.com - ASUS ENGTX560 DCII OC/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

PSU - Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

HDD - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SSD - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC064D/AM 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Desktop Upgrade Kit

Case - Newegg.com - NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom