New Build

gamerboy

Solid State Member
Hey guys thinking of doing a new build. Tell me what you think...

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-X58 G1 Sniper

Processor - I7 960

Ram - 12GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz

Cooler - H80 Corsair Cooler

Graphics Card - 2x GTX 460

PSU - Corsair TX850

SSD - Corsair Force 120GB

Case - Antec Twelve Hundred

i know i havent got normal HD or anything

id go 4 a newer processor say the i7 2600k, also means a new mobo tho say Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P this should work out abit cheaper and abit faster imo

id also be tempted to ditch the water cooling pre kit and just go with fans for price or do all the pluming for water cooling my self.

id go 4 a newer processor say the i7 2600k, also means a new mobo tho say Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P this should work out abit cheaper and abit faster imo

id also be tempted to ditch the water cooling pre kit and just go with fans for price or do all the pluming for water cooling my self.

I agree.

Hell, even an AMD FX-8150 on a Gigabyte 990FX board would offer similar performance at a lower price.

So after some time to think im thinking asus P8Z77-V deluxe with a I7 3770K ivy bridge processor and 16GB corsair vengeance ram any other thoughts

1adf1 said:
id still be tempted with the i7 2600k as it about £30-40 cheaper and better for over clocking read this review

Intel Core i7 3770K review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Processors

unless you can tell me otherwise as im going to build a new pc soon

Well I guess its what you want it for, as the ivy bridge supports quad channel memory better graphics then that is what you want if you don't need that then go for sandy but the review also says it can be clocked up to 6.3GHz

Back
Top Bottom