Computer Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvmorand

Solid State Member
Hi, I am Bernard and my wife laptop, a Toshiba A100 running Windows XP is locked-up. I just get a dash and cannot enter anything with the keyboard. I bought several years ago a CD called Hiren' BootCD and I can start the computer using Smart Boot Manager 3.7.1. and selecting the option boot from hard drive.
To be safe I would like to copy this software or fix the boot reccord on my wife computer. Can anyone help me. I am not a computer expert but my wife and friends think so !!!!:lol:

Bernard

58 peoples saw my message but unfortunately no one seems to have an answer. Hope some one can help me in the future.

Bernard Morand

Perhaps you should try posting this in the software section instead of here under the Software Articles section.

Hi, I am Bernard and my wife laptop, a Toshiba A100 running Windows XP is locked-up. I just get a dash and cannot enter anything with the keyboard. I bought several years ago a CD called Hiren' BootCD and I can start the computer using Smart Boot Manager 3.7.1. and selecting the option boot from hard drive.
To be safe I would like to copy this software or fix the boot reccord on my wife computer. Can anyone help me. I am not a computer expert but my wife and friends think so !!!!:lol:

Bernard

Sounds like the computer is trying to boot from somewhere else. Go into the BIOS and make sure that the primary hard drive is set as the first boot device.

Thank you very much, I tried to change the bios to the hard drive but every time the computer get stuck and gives me a blinking dash in the top left of the screen. By mistake I used Norton Utilities V 15 to reset the bios and since then I have to boot with my old cd.

Bernard

Bernard
For making copy of that boot cd you need to create image of that cd by using nero software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your answer. I have tried to reset the Bios, a Phenix version V 2.30,
and still cannot boot. The computer gives me 2 tiny beeps before it starts and then gives me a blinking dash in the top left corner and 30 seconds later the CDROM turns off.
I have switch to administrator and since then the computer does not want to start even with several Boot discs I ordered.

Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom