ACER 1000 Drivers & Chipset

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
Thought that I installed the correct chipset for the ACER mentioned in the subject line. After installing the chipset the keyboard and mouse did not work.

Using Windows XP home edition.

I downloaded the chipset from the ACER web page.

Since I reinstalled Windows the mouse and keyboard are working fine.

Here is what has that question mark in the device manager.

Network Controller
Other PCI bridge devices
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Unknown Device
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I have the correct drivers for the Video Controller and the Audio. I was told to install the chipset first before any of the drivers.

The first picture is the ACER Driver web page address.

I have no idea why the last two photographs are sideways.

I could not figure out how to delete this reply so uploaded the photos again hopefully these will be upright.

No still the same. I do not know how to delete the duplicate photos.

It is strange the photos did not upload up correctly.

Attachments

• image-2084892057.jpg
    image-2084892057.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image-4255848250.jpg
    image-4255848250.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image-2233897574.jpg
    image-2233897574.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3
  • image-758253871.jpg
    image-758253871.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image-592574167.jpg
    image-592574167.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image-3169832663.jpg
    image-3169832663.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Right click the drivers, try to update them by letting Windows find the drivers; sometimes (albeit rarely) those driver installation programs just put the files on your PC and let you do the grunt work. If that comes up as no dice, then install them manually by directing them to wherever the drivers where put in. (sometimes the driver files are put in C:\)

Der-PC-Mann said:
Right click the drivers, try to update them by letting Windows find the drivers; sometimes (albeit rarely) those driver installation programs just put the files on your PC and let you do the grunt work. If that comes up as no dice, then install them manually by directing them to wherever the drivers where put in. (sometimes the driver files are put in C:\)

I have the drivers that I need. But I did let windows search for the drivers that is the first thing that I did and drivers were not found.
I have saved the drivers to a SD memory card Incase I need them again.

Select the "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", then put a check by "Include this location in the search", and browse to the location the drivers are stored

Make sure you have extracted the files if they come in a .zip file...the above will only work if there is a .INF file in the folder you point the driver update to.

chirkware said:
Select the "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", then put a check by "Include this location in the search", and browse to the location the drivers are stored

Make sure you have extracted the files if they come in a .zip file...the above will only work if there is a .INF file in the folder you point the driver update to.

I saved all the driver files to a memory card.

Back
Top Bottom