Connecting to the Internet During a Zombie Apocalypse?

DreamlandDenizen

Beta member
Ok so I'm writing novel and I could use a little help from someone who knows something about networks. As the title suggests, the novel is set during a zombie Apocalypse, and the main character is a computer guy. Most major cities have been over run with zombies. There are three or four safe cities in America and between those a number of outposts (mostly converted malls, or scyscrapers kept secure) which are used as trading hubs.

So the computer guy is hired at an outpost to get them connected to the internet again. The trouble is I myself am a next gen computer guy who's been spoiled by automation and simple interfaces when it comes to things like connecting to the internet. I've got some learning to do before I can come up with hurdles to over come to get the internet going, and the ways he would do it. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

So what are some interesting problems/solutions for connecting to the internet in a Zombie ravaged wasteland?

Thanks

Assuming most populated areas are overrun by miscellaneous undead. There wouldn't be power running through the power lines. So you would use a radio generator, Russian preferably, to patch in through the power grid. Any persons connected to that areas power hub would be able to connect to your pc. Send instructions on how to connect out through morse code, then your online. Set up a web page to connect via a web browser and everything is sweet from there.
Tell me more about the book.

I doubt there would be an internet after a zombie apocalypse. It would be more plausible if your main character used carrier pigeons for communication...

Back
Top Bottom