Getting hacked and lost everything

Microsoft Security Essentials is what I used to use before I got Trend Micro Titanium Max Security. It's free and has all the features anti virus and malware wise that premium anti virus's have infact there was an article on the web about most antivirus's missing this virus anyway then all the anti virus's got updated and bye bye virus they all flagged it. However MSE was one of the first without an update to flag the issue so I recommend it. It gets rid of Root kits virus's malware and anything bad. As for stopping this from happening if it is a hacker I recommend encrypting your HDD and also password protecting your folders and/or OS via Truecrypt. It's a free encryption program and I will post a tutorial later on how to use it :)

From my experience, Norton behaves more like a virus than an anti-virus. It takes more effort to get rid of Norton than it does to get rid of any virus it supposedly protects against (it does a poor job anyway).

Bit off topic but to the last 3 posters who criticized Nortons.

When was the last time you used this software?
What was your bad experience using this software?

Now be honest in your answers, as I once use to bag Nortons my self....
But in the last 3 years I have used it and to my surprise it is one of the better software which I regard as being on par with Kapersky & Eset/Nod32 which I regard as good also, and I know there are others too.

I find it it is not a resource hog as it was in the past and it has protected my PC flawlessly, easy to set up for the novice user.

Bit off topic but to the last 3 posters who criticized Nortons.

When was the last time you used this software?
What was your bad experience using this software?

Now be honest in your answers, as I once use to bag Nortons my self....
But in the last 3 years I have used it and to my surprise it is one of the better software which I regard as being on par with Kapersky & Eset/Nod32 which I regard as good also, and I know there are others too.

I find it it is not a resource hog as it was in the past and it has protected my PC flawlessly, easy to set up for the novice user.

I've had to deal with several versions of Norton's over the years. I usually run into it when someone hires me to clean their virus-ridden PC, which tells me that Norton doesn't do a good job in the first place. I've also dealt with running Norton's at one of my old jobs. That's how I know it's a resource hog. It simply doesn't work and makes PCs run slower. Most of the worst experiences I've had with viruses have been on PCs with Norton's installed. Norton's bad... M'kay.

I've had to deal with several versions of Norton's over the years. I usually run into it when someone hires me to clean their virus-ridden PC, which tells me that Norton doesn't do a good job in the first place. I've also dealt with running Norton's at one of my old jobs. That's how I know it's a resource hog. It simply doesn't work and makes PCs run slower. Most of the worst experiences I've had with viruses have been on PCs with Norton's installed. Norton's bad... M'kay.
Thanks for your opinion and fair enough with your reason, you did not quite explain why it behaves like a virus unless you referring to slowness of PC.

I started using Nortons in the last two years and one of my greatest concerns with antivirus software is slowing down the PC functions, so far no noticeable impact at all and my PC has had no infections in the last two years..... I think that talks for it self.
Certainly no resource Hog, Yes in the past it was....

On one last comment as every one should know, Software can go from Good to Bad or vice versa, this has happened in the last 3 years across the range of Antivirus software, so it pays to keep updated with the performance of software.
People should do their home work correctly and don't rely on rumors.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago my mum had norton running and it didnt detect anything. But in the last 3 days or so before the license run out it started detecting like 100 viruses... Anybody else had something similar happen?

BTW she did not visit any other sites then normal when that happened.

A couple of years ago my mum had norton running and it didnt detect anything. But in the last 3 days or so before the license run out it started detecting like 100 viruses... Anybody else had something similar happen?

BTW she did not visit any other sites then normal when that happened.

With a reputable company like Norton, that would be a fluke and bad luck. If it was some shady freebie or a $5-10 one off the internet then I would say it was a bunch of fakes.

Back
Top Bottom