I spilled coke on my laptop

Anthony_FC

Beta member
so yeah i spilled coke on my laptop about half a can but i immediately turned it upside down and started wiping with a shirt i had on my bed, i wiped down all the water then i put it on my bed and ran to the restroom to get a q tip to rub in between keys and i think i got a lot of water out, i forgot to mention i took out the battery first. now an hour later i put the battery back in and turned it on and it works perfectly nothing wrong at all it just said windows didn't shut down correctly or something so now im worried, the keys aren't sticky or anything and they all work fine. i looked in between the keys and there is nothing there except a black board or something that ends at end of keyboard so i am hoping it didn't get inside the actually computer and damage the internal components. just tell me please what i should do, my mom is mad i spilled coke on it and i keep trying to tell her its fine. again, the screen is perfect and the keys work fine i checked every key and they all work fine.

If it Broke you would have got a signal right away, like it wouldnt start up if the ram or motherboard was damaged. And you were smart to take out the battery

I think you should be good. It would have happened right away. At this point I would say that if it's still working you should be fine.

Lesson learned though right?!?!

Count yourself as one lucky dude......your quick actions adverted a disaster, buy your self a lottery ticket while you are still lucky. :lol:

Hey guys,

Don't you think he should try to remove the keyboard and see inside of it and see if there was no damage done inside or try to dry it. I know that sometimes stuff works good but that happened to my cell phone and I saved it but it stopped working after a day or two?

No, I don't think that's required. My experience with computer's that have had something spilt on them is that it will work or it won't.

Now I personally would have put it in a bag of rice to absorb any excess moisture but that's just me.

Hey guys,

Don't you think he should try to remove the keyboard and see inside of it and see if there was no damage done inside or try to dry it. I know that sometimes stuff works good but that happened to my cell phone and I saved it but it stopped working after a day or two?
I think you will find the keyboards are robust devices that can stand up to knocks and spills most times, if any it might be bit sticky/tacky for a while but will dry properly over time.
Fix it when it actually plays up.

Back
Top Bottom