Spilled a bit of soda on my Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

Apparently I can't really fix it without unsoldering and resoldering. Seems like Razer made this keyboard where its hard to take the switch out without "breaking" it.

That's a bummer. You can still pop the keys off, so just clean as good as you can with glass cleaner or whatever you have. As for the switches themselves, you can spray some electronic component cleaner spray inside them to flush out all the dirt and soda residue.

Good news. I popped the keys out again, and put little droplets of rubbing alcohol into one of the switches. After cleaning it (inserting droplets, then pressing the buttons multiple times, then used air compressor on it), it seems I have the click clacks again. Though, it still feels a bit "sticky" when I press it (though I'm sure I will be the only one that notices), but I guess that's the best I can do for now.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

This is just me, but I'm not eating/drinking at my computer desk if my keyboard is $150....LOL[/QUOTE]

TRU DAT

Back
Top Bottom