Problem with Computer Battery--Giving Rep Points to Those who help

waldorfpc

In Runtime
Okay, there is something going on with my computer, and I have not see this in the years I have been fixing computers. I am going to explain what is going on here along with talk about what I have done to attempt to fix the situation. I also want your opinions concerning what you think the problem is and what I should do to fix it. I am giving rep points to those who help.

It seems that every time I take my computer off the charge and use it, the battery will charge to less and less of a percentage. To make this clear, I will explain this better.

The computer's battery will charge to 88%. When it is taken off the charge and used and charged again, it will only charge to 87%. Each time this process is completed, the charge will go to one percentage less. This has just started happening, as of last week.

To try and handle the situation, I tried recalibrating the battery. It has done nothing. The problem still persists.

I am now thinking that I need to purchase a new battery. I was hoping to avoid this, but I do not think that this can be avoided anymore.

Seems to be a common problem (Google it). I would guess it's getting time for a new battery. Does the charge last the same amout of time as a full charge used to when it was going to 100%?

I have tried looking on Google but only found content relating to battery recalibration. That stuff I am already familiar with, but I never have seen this particular problem before now. And that is why I came here to ask. I was curious to know if anyone else has seen this.

Thank you for your opinion, though.

You need to bite the bullet and replace the battery. Batteries die eventually, the world is an imperfect place. Or just run it with the charger plugged in all the time. That's really the only alternative that doesn't involve spending money, unfortunately.

You need to bite the bullet and replace the battery. Batteries die eventually, the world is an imperfect place. Or just run it with the charger plugged in all the time. That's really the only alternative that doesn't involve spending money, unfortunately.

^^^^ what he said

I am thinking that is what I am going to do. I was just seeing what you guys would say. It is always good to get additional opinions. I am definitely going to get a six-cell battery because those last for a good long time. I love to be able to take the netbook on long travels. It is especially helpful when going on business trips.

Thank you all for your time. You guys rock.

I am really going to have to come back and articipate more often. I've just been so busy.

Keep in mind that batteries are meant to be used. You should discharge your battery at least once a month to ge tthe most life out of it.

When did you purchase your battery? If it's been more than 1.5 years (give or take, they are all different), then very likely the only way to fix it is to buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom