Inspiron E1505

Angie0910

Beta member
Hi. My laptop has been working great but I must've done something. Now, the screen is black and there is no sound. I'm sure it's on. Probably a FunctionF mistake? Can you help me? Thanks.

What if you turn it off and turn it back on?

Usually this indicates a mobo problem, when the computer "powers on" but nothing shows up on the screen.

Have you tried holding down the power button to completely power it down and then turning it back on?

Is your laptop plugged into the charger? I don't think you said if it was or not. Maybe try unplugging everything, removing the battery for a minute or two, then put the battery back in and plug in the charger. Also try connecting a monitor if you have one and see if anything changes. Do you have the manual for your laptop? If so, look up how to do a BIOS reset (may also be called a CMOS reset).

Probably not this, but a common 'problem' with laptops, is that someone has switched to an external display device via the function keys, by accident.

Normally it happened with laptops when RAM is loose. Sometime the modules get slightly look and badly seated RAM gives the symptoms you describe here with your issue. Take out the RAM and put it back. If that doesn't work and you have two modules, try each in turn.

Back
Top Bottom