Do you favor globalization?

I think it's a great thing, sure it'll hurt in some areas and help in others however overall the net benefit out weighs the cons.

Example is S. Korea and America.

S. Korea food is very expensive because of the poor farm land. However S. Korea makes excellent technology.

So a FTA can benefit both, S. Korea can purchase food stock from the US without the heavy taxes allowing it's citizens more money to spend on other things. This however would of course hurt S. Korean farmers who would have to adapt.

This would also bring in more technology to America and help out the farmers.

Problem with globalization is the big companies go off shore to other countries for cheap labour, this kinda screws your economies.

Why do you think USA and a lot of European economies are in a mess.

Problem with globalization is the big companies go off shore to other countries for cheap labour, this kinda screws your economies.

Why do you think USA and a lot of European economies are in a mess.

A couple of things:

1) I recall that the overwhelming part of GDP is domestic, not internationally based (if someone has more updated evidence to shed light, it's worth a look).

2) In the long run, any money spent overseas has to return to the US to be usable which will lead to more jobs here.

Globalization is good in certain ways, but it does have its ups and downs.

If you don't want to be a part of Globalization then contact your ISP and stop using the internet, stop your phone contract and go live in a cave for the rest of your life.
If you do want to be a part of Globalization carry on as you are and this will increase Globalization!

I think it's a great thing, sure it'll hurt in some areas and help in others however overall the net benefit out weighs the cons.

Example is S. Korea and America.

S. Korea food is very expensive because of the poor farm land. However S. Korea makes excellent technology.

So a FTA can benefit both, S. Korea can purchase food stock from the US without the heavy taxes allowing it's citizens more money to spend on other things. This however would of course hurt S. Korean farmers who would have to adapt.

This would also bring in more technology to America and help out the farmers.

Did you mean a FTZ?

What is a Foreign-Trade Zone?
my company does that.

Back
Top Bottom