My other computer cant connect to the router.

vmx1987

Baseband Member
My landlord's router uses WPS.

I have the password.

My other computers connect immediately to the said router.

But there is one that doesnt connect. Sometimes when i just leave it for several minutes it would connect. And then disconnects after several moments.

(i set it to automatically connect when the router is in range.)

error message says: the router XXXX did not allow your computer to connect.

My landlord's router uses WPS.

I have the password.

My other computers connect immediately to the said router.

But there is one that doesnt connect. Sometimes when i just leave it for several minutes it would connect. And then disconnects after several moments.

(i set it to automatically connect when the router is in range.)

error message says: the router XXXX did not allow your computer to connect.

Does your landlord know about the computers of yours that connect successfully to his router? It sounds like he may have MAC filtering set up on his router to block unwanted PCs from accessing his network. If he doesn't recognize this one PC that can't connect then he probably wouldn't put that PCs MAC address on the allowed list.

i actually thought of the same thing. Is there any way i could go around this challenge?

Sure, ask him to put your PCs MAC address on the allow list. You weren't suggesting that someone tell you how to hack into your landlord's router so you could do it yourself, were you? You would probably get evicted for doing something like that...

not hack

it is just too stressful to ask this dude to get it out of the list. so i was wondering if there was another way (except hacking it) to do this job.

Back
Top Bottom