Please help with display monitor calibration

taw

Solid State Member
Hannspree HF257HPB 25 Class Widescreen LCD Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080, 16:9, 15000:1 Dynamic, 800:1 Native, 2ms, VGA, HDMI, Integrated Speakers at TigerDirect.com

I've had this monitor for 3 years.

Just picked another one up refurbished the other day for Dual Monitor Display, it might as well be brand new. Looks fabulous. Problem is, it really makes my old monitor show its age. I have to turn the brightness down near all the way on the new monitor and the brightness up all the way on the old monitor just to get the brightness even...

But here's where I need help: My old monitor appears to have a sort of reddish hue to it. Its not noticeable at all when you get used to it, but when you compare it to the other new screen, it does look slightly red in comparison, whereas the new monitor just seems perfectly balanced.

I tried turning the reds down on my old monitor, but all that does is throw the balance off and make things start to appear more green. On the flip side, I tried matching the new monitor's colors to the old one, but for the life of me, I cannot get the two to match at all. I've tried using both Windows 7's monitor calibration and NVIDIA's color adjustment for Red, Green, Blue, Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, Vibrance, and Hue.

What am I missing? Is something just broken in my old monitor? Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: A good way to sum this up is that, on my new screen, whites look perfectly white, but on the old monitor, by comparison, whites seem very slightly red, but attempts to reduce the amount of red simply throw the color balance off and make the monitor start to appear green.

EDIT 2: Never mind, after some advanced tweaking I finally got them pretty much equally balanced.

Yh i had this, has you monitor got LCD conditioning?

This worked with my two Dell Monitors, White was very cream, it was sad.
It just shows the brightest colors, (Red, blue, green, yellow, white, black).

I let it run for 6 Hours and Ta Da it was like new again, it was amazing.

If you dont maybe try just using powerpoint and creating your own one, each colour stays on screen for about 5 seconds, i dont now if its doing something else or just simple showing colours, worth a try though before it get to bad.

Sounds like you have a red tint setting on the monitor.. xD ..dead simple, just use the display buttons. Sorry if you've tried that and I'm miles off, but it definitely sounds like it's the red tint. :p Also, IDK if this is just my experiences, but monitors tend to come with pretty bright vibrant settings; I always find these settings far too intense, resulting in headaches caused my eye-strain.

Well, I've managed to turn what was a red tint into a green tint -_-

I don't have LCD conditioning, at least I don't think so. And as for fixing it with display buttons, not much luck there either.. it almost doesn't seem to do anything with color, its as if my monitor just can't display white properly now, as if its white with a shade of a certain color. My new monitor looks solid with whites, the old one has a slightish green tint (which was a red tint)

*chuckles* That's odd, there's usually a blue and red tint (commonly warm and hot) but a green one is a new one for me. You might wanna just find the factory reset on the monitor, and if THAT doesn't solve the problem, then it rules out the settings on the monitor and makes it plausible that the monitor is just old/damaged.

I'm guessing its just old :( No matter what I do, its either slightly tinted too red or too blue. White is not white. I think green in my previous post, looking at it now, is more bluish than green. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom