Give me your input

Detroit

Solid State Member
I am building a gaming computer. I was thinking of going with the i5 2500k. I probably wont be OCing. and the ausus pro/gen3 board.. Along with some other components that are posted in a previous thread.. what i really need to know is Do i want the i7 and a rampage / any other board? and build from that or would the i5 and pro/gen3 be a good choice? I want to play most games on high / extreme settings. i have a old regular pc at the moment and it suffices but i want something kinda special.

Buy my build but a better Graphics card, you'll be sorted.

And with my motherboard if you know nothing about OCing then it has the auto OC feature which can get you up to 4.2GHz on i5 2500k with a click of a button.
Thanks to its easy to use BIOS.

My machine is so beast its unreal. Dont Have the money to upgrade the Graphics card Though, the 5770 was just a card i bought to upgrade my old Dell, and after spending all my savings on a Mobo and Processor and SSD im broke :/

But worth it, My new build, all components put together, build and working. Perfect. :) - YouTube

All depending on how much you are willing to throw down.

Specs on one of my gaming rigs;
Asus P8P67 PRO
i7-2600k <- unlocked, if you aren't looking to oc you could look into the i7-2600. Save a couple pennies. Same goes for any i5.
8GB AMD PE memory, at PC3-10600 and 8-8-8 timing (4x2GB)
GTX 560 Ti from EVGA 2GB
850W PSU from Corsair
Running an H100 for the CPU.
I will only recommend Western Digital for an HDD. They build quality products. (Don't flame, only my opinion)
Other odds and ends that are not prevalent.

Not sure if you are going to transplant your new hardware into your old case, be sure to there is going to be adequate airflow. Also make sure if you go this route you have the correct form factor.

Just what is stated above will set you back a little past 10 big ones retail. This is not including the OS, optical drives and any other bs you would want to throw on it. This computer though will run any game thrown at it on the highest settings, but this is most definitely not a high end machine.

IMO, if I were you...I would shy away from the enthusiast level boards. You probably wont be needing or using any of the features that are enthusiast level specific, especially since you are not looking to overclock.

Whew, let me go ahead and get down off my soap box...It is pretty high up here :p hehe

Good luck
Cheers :)

That's a high-end machine as far as I'm concerned. Most, if not all parts are very modern, and capable of handing today's things perfectly, which are qualities of "high-end" as far as I'm concerned. I've noticed people see "high-end" subjectively, so I'll just add that this is just my view.

That's a high-end machine as far as I'm concerned. Most, if not all parts are very modern, and capable of handing today's things perfectly, which are qualities of "high-end" as far as I'm concerned. I've noticed people see "high-end" subjectively, so I'll just add that this is just my view.

Apologies for my unclear statement with regards to “high end”, you are correct. When looking at the individuals “scale of perceptive quality and performance”, that is subjective. My statement on the above specifications "not being high end”, I was referring to the industry as a whole. :thumb:

Thank you for pointing this out, your statement is definitely something to consider when discussing components.

Spices things up when opinions get thrown around… LOVE IT! :)

Back
Top Bottom