Graphics Card Question

FenixFan08

In Runtime
Currently I have a ATI Radeon 5750 and I was looking to upgrade. I wouldn't mind going crossfire if its worth it or for the same price just buying one beast card. I don't need anything super amazing because it will be for 3d modeling and rendering. Not much game playing. My viewports are starting to get laggy on some of my models. If anyone has any advice could you please help me out.

Thanks

Fenix

I'm told you would need something with plenty of RAM, and that you shouldn't hold back in getting the best your money can buy. I've seen the nVidia GTX 580 mentioned a few times with 3D modeling, so maybe that would be worthwhile getting; it certainly is an amazing card, but it is rather costly.

3D Modeling is what i do, and i find my Graphics card doesn't actually get used much during the rendering or design process.

I would advise Saving your money on a good processor. Ive got the i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHz and renders like a beast, and only running a 5770.

3D Modeling is what i do, and i find my Graphics card doesn't actually get used much during the rendering or design process.

I would advise Saving your money on a good processor. Ive got the i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHz and renders like a beast, and only running a 5770.

I have a pretty beast cpu. I got a 1090t OC'd to 4.1GHz so its not terrible. But my viewports in max keep getting laggy. So I have a pretty good feeling its my gfx card.

What about RAM? I have 16Gb's and some times it can use the whole lot...
Ensure you Ram is in dual channel config?

If this still doent help then buy a new card, dual 5750's will use to much power and heat your system to much for the output thell provide, buy a new card :)

Or crossfire with a 6770 - apparently it works according to AMD. Be more power than another 5750
Its what i plan to do with my 5770, but im only upgrading because i like to game too :)

Currently I have a ATI Radeon 5750 and I was looking to upgrade. I wouldn't mind going crossfire if its worth it or for the same price just buying one beast card. I don't need anything super amazing because it will be for 3d modeling and rendering. Not much game playing. My viewports are starting to get laggy on some of my models. If anyone has any advice could you please help me out.

Thanks

Fenix
Can u model a dirt bike? If so I might (if your available) to model me a 2012 kx450f dirtbike.. if interested let me know.

I model Architecture otherwise i would :/

Im very much simpe is more, with slow camera movement, realistic textures and simple shapes with good ambiance. I would love to model Cars and Bikes, but i dont think id be any good at it ;)

Can u model a dirt bike? If so I might (if your available) to model me a 2012 kx450f dirtbike.. if interested let me know.

I would like to do that but I just don't have the time for something like that right now. I work full time and go to school full time, and have a 2 year old. But if I get some free time I will let you know for sure.

3d modeling, rendering, designing programs, etc. requires 2 things:

high video card (gpu) ram
multiple thread processor. Intel processors are know for having great performances with this kind of stuff, especially their i5 and i7 that have hyper threading technology.

Back
Top Bottom