3pin Fan Connector Crimping

Azathoth

Beta member
I recently bought some 120mm fans with bare leads. And i need to install the female 3 pin fan connectors. Ive looked all over the internet and all i can find is cat5/6 or molex crimpers.Does anyone know of any crimmpers that will do crimps that small?

I recently bought some 120mm fans with bare leads. And i need to install the female 3 pin fan connectors. Ive looked all over the internet and all i can find is cat5/6 or molex crimpers.Does anyone know of any crimmpers that will do crimps that small?
Try your local electronics hobby stores, they should be able to accommodate you and also they should sell the connectors

I've always wanted to do this on my Fans, i bought some cheap ones, they work perfect and fairly quite, but the cable on them is about 30cm, i have 5 of them, and to top it of the have 2 times 4 pin molex connectors on them (one female one male).

Love to cut the cable and crimp them to a 3 pin connector, so much smaller :)

So if you find the tools and 3 pin plastic things anywhere let me know :) Thanks.

I have a few special Molex crimpers, but I have gathered them over the course of a few years.

Try this.

I would just re-use the old connector by cutting the wires (leaving plenty of room) and then splicing them to the bare leads on the fan. Heat shrink tubing can be used to cover up the splice job and make it look neater.

Ive found the tool.
Jameco.com has the crimper Part no. 227491 .
And i got the pins and the little plastic headers from frozencpu.com
So ill post again 2morrow when i get them in and tell how well they work if anyone wants to know.

l_02334796.jpg

I think it will help you it's a simple molex to fan adapter and come standard with loads of cases and easily founded in hardware stores.

i have thought about soldering as it is a good idea, but i just think its to much hard work :/

I think it will help you it's a simple molex to fan adapter and come standard with loads of cases and easily founded in hardware stores.

He has bare leads and needs to attach them to one of these with a (or something like a) crimp tool for 3 pin / 4 pin molex.

Oo, I have one of those; useful bit of kit.

That's helpful :?, where did you buy it?

Back
Top Bottom