Using an Onboard video card with a PCI video card

Nastydave

Beta member
This is hardware and software hope it's in the right place. I have an XFX GeForce 8200 Motherboard, an XFX GeForce 9500GT Video Card. I want to use the HDMI port on the motherboards integrated video card for my TV, and I want to use the DVI port on the PCI Card for my monitor. I am using Windows XP, is there any way to run both cards at once? I have updated drivers for the motherboard but it appears that XP doesn't even see the motherboards video card. Any help would be great, Thank you.​

This is hardware and software hope it's in the right place. I have an XFX GeForce 8200 Motherboard, an XFX GeForce 9500GT Video Card. I want to use the HDMI port on the motherboards integrated video card for my TV, and I want to use the DVI port on the PCI Card for my monitor. I am using Windows XP, is there any way to run both cards at once? I have updated drivers for the motherboard but it appears that XP doesn't even see the motherboards video card. Any help would be great, Thank you.​
If you change the resolution of your current monitor to 1280x720 then enable the tv in the NVIDIA control panel, there is a jumper setting on the mobo the u have to switch to enable HDMI. You can look in the manual on the cd that came with your mobo to find the jumpers.

The first thing you would have to do is check your BIOS to see if it is even possible to run onboard video and option card video at the same time. Usually you have to choose one or the other...

The first thing you would have to do is check your BIOS to see if it is even possible to run onboard video and option card video at the same time. Usually you have to choose one or the other...
A lot of the newer boards these days allow you to do it.

Back
Top Bottom