My New Build?

Detroit

Solid State Member
I'm Semi-New to computers.. this will be my first build. I need guidance, and suggestions. I have done hours of research and came up with (I think is a decent build) this build.

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K Processor

Mother Board - ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

RAM - Corsair 16 GB Vengeance Blue Low Profile (do i only need 8?)

PSU - Corsair HX Professional Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply (Is this to much/not enough?)

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB

CASE - Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower

DISK DRIVE - Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive

CPU COOLER - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

GPU -

As i said I'm new to building/(spec lingo) so If any of you see any discrepancies or if you have a better choice or I might need something else, (like a gpu that will work for this) I would be greatly indebted to you. I have all this in my cart and ready for purchase. I will not be OCing anytime soon so.

great build. For this build, i would recommend an Nvidia gtx 560ti or better. If you are a little strapped on cash then give me a price range and i could give you some suggestions

great build. For this build, i would recommend an Nvidia gtx 560ti or better. If you are a little strapped on cash then give me a price range and i could give you some suggestions

probably 100 to possibly 300 but arond 150ish probably more realistic but, if i had to save an extra week to get the "better option" i wud

What currency?

The MSI Twin Frozr II OC 560Ti is an amazing card that won't disappoint.

Yes, only 8GB, if even that, as long as you're using a 64-Bit OS. Seriously, I know all the kids are making a big thing about how mom 'n pops got them their 16GB spikey super-cool looking RAM, but it's completely unnecessary in almost all cases, much like 4+ CPU cores. I have 4GB (32-Bit OS) and I can play all the latest games with flawless performance, regarding RAM. There are a lot of people that waste money on something that gains them next-to-zero increase in performance, if any at all. What good is a quad-SLI setup if a game refuses to recognise more than 1 GPU? What good is 16GB RAM, if the game only uses 500MB? What good is having 4+ cores, if the game can only efficiently and properly utilise 2 cores? You get the gist. :p I'm an enthusiast myself, so I can sorta understand that side of things, but for just playing games or doing your work on, it's totally ridunkulous.

What currency?

The MSI Twin Frozr II OC 560Ti is an amazing card that won't disappoint.

Yes, only 8GB, if even that, as long as you're using a 64-Bit OS. Seriously, I know all the kids are making a big thing about how mom 'n pops got them their 16GB spikey super-cool looking RAM, but it's completely unnecessary in almost all cases, much like 4+ CPU cores. I have 4GB (32-Bit OS) and I can play all the latest games with flawless performance, regarding RAM. There are a lot of people that waste money on something that gains them next-to-zero increase in performance, if any at all. What good is a quad-SLI setup if a game refuses to recognise more than 1 GPU? What good is 16GB RAM, if the game only uses 500MB? What good is having 4+ cores, if the game can only efficiently and properly utilise 2 cores? You get the gist. :p I'm an enthusiast myself, so I can sorta understand that side of things, but for just playing games or doing your work on, it's totally ridunkulous.
usa currency , but the main question is the parts i have listed are a decent choice for a build.. all will work and are compatible? Im going to do a lil more research for the gpu but i think the card posted will be sufficient for me.. but im open for all suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom