Cooling question

andy1027

In Runtime
On my cooler master 430 elite it has a 120mm intake fan on the front.

I then attaced an 80mm intake fan (midspeed) on the bottom of the case. I then attached another 120 mm Intake fan on the back of the PC.

having the 120MM fan at the back as an intake fan as opposed to an exhaust fan, is this ok to do?

Thanks.

I personally would not do that, the hot air needs to vented out of the case so the cool air from the front can come in

I took your advise and reverted my fan to become an exhaust fan and it has made the stock cpu fan a lot quieter and it remains at the same speed at all times.

However the fan on the case is noisy. Can you suggest a good 120mm case fan that is extremely quiet?

It doesnt need to be LED!

Yeah, the idea air cooling is to have air coming in front the front/side and then exhausted out the rear end.

I have a better solution: get a Bulldozer FX-4100 and OC the hell out of it... it's miles superior to your CPU and has extremely kick-ass cooling capabilities. Check out my specs and you'll see what I mean, also, note the fan which I HIGHLY recommend...

They're at the bottom of my post:
Click here for specs...

The reason I suggested this, is that I previously had a Phenom II x4 965 and even at stock, the temperature was absolutely atrocious and I was forced to underclock it, undervolt it, and even disable cores. The Bulldozer is like something alien from outta space.

Back
Top Bottom