Do these work together?

JLCM

Solid State Member
Hello, I am a new member here, both on the forums and computer building, And i would like your help. I am building a new PC, (for gaming) And i need to know if these parts work together. I'm not to sure if they will, so some help would be awsome. Thanks. ( IT is also my first time building one, so don't hate) :D

GPU
GeForce GTX 580

Motherboard
Rampage IV Extreme

Case
NZXT phantom

CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K -
3.2 GHz - 12 MB L3 Cache -
LGA 2011 Socket

PSU
Corsair Professional Series
Gold 1200-Watt 80 Plus Gold
Certified High-Performance
Power Supply - CMPSU-1200AX

RAM
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB )
DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin
DDR3 Memory

DVD DRIVE
Samsung Blu-Ray Combo
Internal 12XReadable and
DVD-Writable Drive with
Lightscribe SH-B123L/BSBP

Hard drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1
TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s with NCQ
32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal
Bare Drive ST31000524AS

KEYBOARD
Logitech G510

I have a mouse, so there is no need for that :D

WOW ... nice rig!!! :)

Everything looks good. My only question would be the PSU, not sure if it's enough watts but it would seem like it's enough ... not sure though.
Thanks :D Yeah, i'm looking at that. I'm just not particularly sure about the dimensions (New PC builder, Like a derp xD) But yeah.

Yeah, 1200w is more than enough.

I recommend you instead SLI two nVidia MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560Ti DirectCU II cards, and two of these overclocked can easily rival the 590, according to various benchmarks I've seen, online, as well as being much cheaper than a 590. SLI option is £340 on Amazon, whereas the 590 (by ASUS, as quoted by bit-tech.net) is £590.

Are you sure you're not giving it overkill? Those are very high-end pieces of equipment, and this is your first build... walk before you can run, is my thinking. What sort of gaming are you wanting to do? How fussed are you about FPS? How fusssed are you about running a game under the maximum settings? My first hardware escapade, back when I was a kid, was a Pentium II 200MHz CPU, 64MB SD-RAM, 2GB IDE HDD, and various other ancient bits of gear.

As for what Mac said.. well.. was a strange thing to say, since ATI has been bought over by AMD, so what he said it kind of redundant, however I believe he meant that his CPU is AMD and his graphics is also AMD.

Anywho, good luck. Let us know how things get on.

Emm... COme again? Sorry, not to sure what that means.. :p And is there any other parts i would need to buy? And are you using the same Tower? The Phantom?

Yeah, same case, same psu, same ram but 16 gb of it, only thing different is that im using an AMD FX 8150 cpu, ASRock 990fx mobo and two MSI hd 6950s and i have an ASUS optical drive instead of samsung

So the RAM, CPU, motherboard, graphics cards, and optical drive are all different? Basically an entirely different build. :p

Yeah, 1200w is more than enough.

I recommend you instead SLI two nVidia MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560Ti DirectCU II cards, and two of these overclocked can easily rival the 590, according to various benchmarks I've seen, online, as well as being much cheaper than a 590. SLI option is £340 on Amazon, whereas the 590 (by ASUS, as quoted by bit-tech.net) is £590.

Are you sure you're not giving it overkill? Those are very high-end pieces of equipment, and this is your first build... walk before you can run, is my thinking. What sort of gaming are you wanting to do? How fussed are you about FPS? How fusssed are you about running a game under the maximum settings? My first hardware escapade, back when I was a kid, was a Pentium II 200MHz CPU, 64MB SD-RAM, 2GB IDE HDD, and various other ancient bits of gear.

As for what Mac said.. well.. was a strange thing to say, since ATI has been bought over by AMD, so what he said it kind of redundant, however I believe he meant that his CPU is AMD and his graphics is also AMD.

Anywho, good luck. Let us know how things get on.

Yes. It is my first build, and i very fussed over FPS, And I did get a custom built PC before, handed down. The person that built that one is helping me with this, and I am just not too sure about what all these things stand for. HE reccomennded this build, and i have the money to build it. I just cannot figure out, at all, if the dimensions Are correct. And, if the parts work together in any way. So, that is the issue. If you could tell me, and help me with that, it would be awsome. Thanks brosef :D

Back
Top Bottom