Think about it...

The Mayans believed that the transition period would be marked with a cleansing of evil from the world, so the human race could start anew. (this is a very simplified version of it)

They want to remain ignorant on the subject so they can continue to believe what they want to believe, which in my experience is usually something akin to the Christian rapture where the believers (them) would be able to leave this world for something much better.

Hmmm, so the Mayans predicted the rapture and Christians are oblivious to the way the rest of the world sees them? That would be hilarious if that were true. Imagine a bunch of uptight, self-righteous, judgmental hypocrites being kicked off the planet thinking they're going to have good times with Jesus, when in actuality they end up being shot into a wormhole or something. Ok, so I have a twisted sense of humor. What do you want from me?

Hmmm, so the Mayans predicted the rapture and Christians are oblivious to the way the rest of the world sees them? That would be hilarious if that were true. Imagine a bunch of uptight, self-righteous, judgmental hypocrites being kicked off the planet thinking they're going to have good times with Jesus, when in actuality they end up being shot into a wormhole or something. Ok, so I have a twisted sense of humor. What do you want from me?

I lol'ed. But seriously, the Mayans didn't actually predict anything similar to the rapture, I was just using that as a way to try to explain the motives behind the 2012 doomsday predictors.

Didn't Harold Camping die?

He had a stroke a while back and quit preaching. I actually recall him issuing an apology to his followers a couple months ago after his third prediction failed. He's still keeping the donations though.

I lol'ed. But seriously, the Mayans didn't actually predict anything similar to the rapture, I was just using that as a way to try to explain the motives behind the 2012 doomsday predictors.

No, I get what you were saying. I was just kind of agreeing with you that it was funny.

Back
Top Bottom