Need remote desktop help!

Mcass

Beta member
I have a computer in my office that I normally can connect to remotely using remote desktop. I can generally connect to it from my laptop with it or from my iPad using an app called RDP. About a week ago it just quit working for no reason at all and now I can not connect from either the laptop or iPad. I tried restoring windows on that machine to the restore point matching the day before it quit working and still nothing. I have gone into the router setting and nothing looks out of place there either. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Check to see if an update or something turned off the remote desktop option in Windows. Right click My Computer>Properties>Remote Tab (in Win7 you have to click the Remote Settings option on the left hand side of the window). There is an area that discusses remote desktop, make sure it's turned on.

Yes it is set to allow connections from computers using any version of remote desktop.

What about a firewall? What about a change of IP Address or Computer Name?

I have tried turniing off windows firewall as well as the router firewall. ive checked the IP address and its static so has not changed. Computer name has not changed either. Im at a total loss here. I had connected remotely to the office comuter on Saturday 2 weeks ago and then when I tried two days later, I couldnt connect.

I can get both the ipad and the laptop on the wireless network when I am in the office but i cant even get them to connect remotely while on that network, much less when I am out of the office.

I'm out of ideas as well. Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe someone else can come up with something useful...

What about users? You have to specify the users that are allowed to connect if not connecting with the local admin account. Something worth taking a look at...

Back
Top Bottom