Computer won't download updates...

gulfcoastfella

Baseband Member
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Service Pack 1. Windows has been trying to install updates, but it never completes. The updates it's trying to install are KB2647516, KB2585542, and KB2619339. Upon update failure, the "Error(s) found" is "Code 8E5E03FA". I used the command prompt to stop the windows update server and then restart it; that didn't change anything. I also saw somewhere else on the web that I should use the command prompt to run sfc/scannow. The results stated that corrupt files were found but could not be repaired. Does anyone have ideas about what to do?

By the way, I searched the Windows support site, but didn't turn up any help.

when you did sfc, did you have the windows disk in and anti-virus disabled? Every now and then I need the disk to make it work properly and disabling the anti-virus is just good measure.

I just performed the sfc/scannow with the windows disk in the drive and security software disabled. It was unable to repair some problems. Is there a way I can attach my CBS.log file for anyone who can make sense of it? It looks like the forum only allows attachment of images and txt files.

"Seems this fix is taking care of the issue; apparently when Windows Update downloads a corrupt update, it can gum up the entire updating process. This fixed it, though."

Windows Update gummed up my entire OS, recently. Thank Gawd I had a System Restore Point from before the update! xD

Back
Top Bottom