Computer Crash!

:Thanx:
Didn't do much though but glad you got it working. Stange that the virus caused such an issue.

Well this morning it wouldn't boot until about the 10th time so it's probably the hard drive. I'm going to buy a new one. Any suggestions? This is what I have now, WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/SATA-3G.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

So will any Serial ATA SATA work or is there something else I need to be aware of? I don't see any hard drive with a "serial" as a specification. Are all SATA hard drives now serial?

You might want to be aware that a while back there was a hard-drive shortage and the price of hard drives was supposed to skyrocket and there are limits on how many you can buy. Luckily I haven't had to buy one so I don't know if this is true or not.

Other than that, to my knowledge, any SATA HDD should work.

Looks like I also need a 3.5 form????

The cheapest 500G I could find costs $83.

WOW ... my hard drive just made a sound that I've never heard before! Almost like a warning sound except it was more like a hum than a beep, hummmmm (pause) hummmmmm (pause) ...... It stopped after about 5 times.

I'm buying a hard drive now for sure.

Back
Top Bottom