Please help - left click on touchpad not working

The_Void

Beta member
I turned on my laptop this morning and I found that my left-click button on my mousepad was completely unresponsive. Tapping the mousepad still works, as does the right-click and using an external mouse, but the left-click doesn't work at all.

I tried re-installing the drivers but that didn't do anything. I tried restoring my system, but that didn't help either. Is there anything else I can try? Is it definitely a physical problem? If so, is it easy to fix myself or will I have to take it into a shop?

I'm using a Samsung R530, Windows 7 32-bit for the record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sounds like a physical problem and not software related. Is it stuck? Does it still make the clicking sound when you press it? Most touchpads are attached to the keyboard so the only fix might be a new keyboard.

Sounds like a physical problem and not software related. Is it stuck? Does it still make the clicking sound when you press it?

Yeah, it still physically presses and makes a clicking noise.

Most touchpads are attached to the keyboard so the only fix might be a new keyboard.

Sounds like an expensive fix. :(

What kind of laptop? They sell replacement keyboards for all makes and models, just google it. Would it still be under warranty?

Back
Top Bottom