computer won't turn on

mikee

Fully Optimized
I was trying to fix the issue with my hard drive disappearing by switching it to another sata port and when I did that plugged the computer in and turned it on nothing at all happened. The light on the motherboard came on but the computer shows no signs of life other than that. What should I do? I need the computer for school

What issue were you originally having with the computer? Is your monitor set correctly? What were all the changes you made to your system?

I have been having issues with my secondary hdd disappearing randomly and somewhere I read to switch the sata connector to another sata port so I did that and went to fire up the computer after that and absolutely nothing happened no fans no sign of life at all other than the light on the motherboard that comes on when power is applied.

same result absolutely nothing except mobo light. I did check the leads for the power button and stuff in case I bumped them or something while moving the other sata cable

5 years I have added to is over time though. The mobo and processor are original though from 2007 as well as the 12ogb hard drive from 2005 from my old rig

It sounds like you may have accidentally shorted something on the motherboard to ground when you first switched SATA ports. I would thoroughly check for screws, standoffs, anything metal that may have gotten itself underneath the motherboard by accident. You may have to completely disassemble the PC in order to find it.

Can dust bunnies cause the mobo to short? I did blow the dust out last week but there were still some dust bunnies left over when I opened the computer up today

Back
Top Bottom