C Drive no space left.

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
I do not know if this is the right place to ask but, I installed iTunes on my external hard drive which has like 109 GB of space left. I then chose to save the iTunes media folder location to the bigger 109 Gb hard drive.

Before I did a back up of my iPad I had 2gb of space on my C drive in which I freed up some space by using the recommend disc leaner from the my computer view of the hard drive.

Then I had a note on the computer show up indicating that the iPad could not be backed up because on no disk space left. That is wrong because of the 109gb I still I have because I just checked.

Then I looked at the graphic on the C drive and there was no space left there. Why did not iTunes do the backup to the bigger drive to whack I chose to in the preferences menu?

The problem I have no idea which programme is important wo windows. Together all the installed programs do not add up to much.

The biggest one is Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006. 1034 mb which is like 1gb.

Is there any free programme that I can get to mirror my C drive to my external hard drive so that I can boot off the external hard drive instead of the filled to capacity C drive?

How big of a drive is your C drive? To my best of knowledge, i cannot think of a program that will do what you want. the only thing i can think of is another sata drive for your computer.

btw you should post this question to the software section of the forums

Macmaster4k2 said:
How big of a drive is your C drive? To my best of knowledge, i cannot think of a program that will do what you want. the only thing i can think of is another sata drive for your computer.

btw you should post this question to the software section of the forums

I will do that soon. The original hard drive us like 80g. I do have another 120 Gb hard drive it is an external.

I could move some things over to that drive but I have no idea what I could move there safely.

I dealt with this too. Do some googling and you can find where you have to go to get itunes to backup to an external hard drive. It was a while ago for me and I don't remember what site(s) i visisted but it took a bit of looking around online until I found a solution that worked. But I did find one.

EDIT: I know that's not much help....just wanted to let you know it can be done.

jmacavali said:
I dealt with this too. Do some googling and you can find where you have to go to get itunes to backup to an external hard drive. It was a while ago for me and I don't remember what site(s) i visisted but it took a bit of looking around online until I found a solution that worked. But I did find one.

EDIT: I know that's not much help....just wanted to let you know it can be done.

I have iTunes on another computer has a 120 GB hard drive. After I get my laptop computer changed over to Wi does XP from Windows 7 I will use that computer for iTunes. That computer has a 160 gb hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom