Where is my memory?

Dsean500

Beta member
Not sure what happened, but something weird happened, and a WHOLE BUNCH of Command Prompt windows started popping up on my desktop. it spammed my whole desktop and my computer started to lag because of it. then it said that i didnt have enough memory to keep opening them.. so yes, im dealing with command prompt spam, and it looked like it chewed up my memory in my C drive... what can I do to stop it? and to recover my memory? thanks

First thing you want to do is disconnect yourself from the internet (either unplug the network cable or disable the wireless NIC if connected that way). If you have access to another PC, you should download Malwarebytes installer (the free version is fine), put it on a flash drive or some other device you can use to copy it to your PC without using the internet, then boot up your PC in safe mode (press F8 over and over again while the PC is booting) and install/run Malwarebytes. Do a full scan, then reboot with with the network cable plugged in. You may have to run Malwarebytes several times before it finds everything. Just keep running it until it comes up with zero found.

Remove the casing and check your RAM is full of dust. If so this kind of issue happen. Also check current available ram memory using windows task manager.

Back
Top Bottom