Computer Crash!

Larisa

In Runtime
Hi All,

Well I woke up this morning, turned on the PC and the mouse didn't work. After some investigation, I found out that my PC quit working and it was "stuck". Not even an alt/tab or control/alt/delete worked. So I did a warm boot and windows wouldn't load. I tried loading in safe mode and that didn't work either nor did a cold boot. So finally windows loaded after about 5 tries. Now my PC boots but it gets "stuck" again after about 15-20 minutes and the mouse or keyboard doesn't responsed. All the fans work and nothing feels hot to the touch.

The computer is almost 2 years old and I've replaced the PSU and graphic card. Other then that, nothing has gone wrong.

So what's you're best guess as to my problem? I'm thinking windows is corrupt and I need to reinstall.

You could be right about that. So I'd try that as the first step. Get the HD maker's formatting software and use that to format the drive. Those do a lot better job. If they find something in the formatting process like a bad sector it will lock it out. If it finds too many the formatting will abort and you will get a warning.

Well I deleted the virus using the virus softare and now my PC doesn't boot. I tried to re-install windows but it stops after it downloads the files and won't install the files and of course no boot. It once again freezes.

Any suggestions on how to proceed installing windows?

It sounds more like hardware (hard drive/motherboard) than it does software. Do you have another hard drive you can install?

Back
Top Bottom