what is the maxium Ram for this MOBO

?1. when I upgrade the Ram do I purchase 3 2GB modules and continue to use the orginale module? edit I don't know the exact Ram module inside this computer (I haven't bought it yet I'm doing research)

?2.or ditch the orginale module and purchase 4 2GB modules?

?3.or find out the exact orginale module and purchase exact same either 1 2GB or 2 2GB or 3 2GBs?

Thanks STB

I see from the second link that 2 GB memory is included. It doesn't explain whether this will come in the form of 2 GB x 1 or 1 GB x 2, but it'll probably be 2 GB x 1. So all you need to do is purchase 2 GB x 3 DIMMs to fulfil the supported capacity of 8 GB. Supported interfaces are DDRIII 1066/1333; it's always good to have all modules using the same interface.

the specs say there are 3 slots available out of 4 so I'm assumming it comes w/ 1 2GB.

do all Ram modules need to be the same brand name?

should I not use the orginale module and purchase 4 2GB modules?

Thanks STB

OK cool I'll plan on 2GB X 3 and continue to use the orginale.

This limits me on my choices very few are available grouped like this.

What do you think about buying used Ram on Ebay?

Thanks STB

You could also get 4 GB x 2 if they are easier to buy.

I would not recommend buying used RAM, but if you must, be sure to run memory diagnostics immediately after you got them, e.g., Memtest86+.

if I get 4 GB x 2 for one channel then can the orginalle 2GB be paired w/ another 2GB for the second channel? or must all Ram modules be equal reguardless of channel?

or is the MOBOs maxium 8GB, I have read in the new egg reviews for this computer that the max Ram can be 16GB, dispite what the Acer specs say however I would hate to buy 16GB then find out I can't even use it.
Thanks STB

I cross-checked with the response from Acer on Acer's site, and it appears that this machine can recognise 16 GB, despite the spec listed on Acer's site. Sorry. :)

In regard to mixing RAM sizes, you have 4 slots; channel A is slot 0 and 1; channel B is slot 2 and 3. Since you have dual channel support, keep the same sizes for each channel, and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom