Question about AVAST - should I get free version or "buy" version?

LouBrandt

Solid State Member
Hello,

Based on what some have said, AVAST seems to be a good anti-virus software. When I go to their site, I find that I can get it free, but that if I buy the more "full" version, I have to purchase it.

My question is, is the free version all that I need, or should I buy it?

I already have Malwarebytes installed, so I assume that will take care of any malware.

Thanks,
Louis

AVAST is a decent antivirus and the free version is all you should need. I would recommend using AVG's free antivirus but thats my opinion. Whatever antivirus you use along with malwarebytes can work. Take the time to run your computer in safe mode and do full scans with both antivirus and antimalware once a month to insure your system is running clean.

Hello,

Based on what some have said, AVAST seems to be a good anti-virus software. When I go to their site, I find that I can get it free, but that if I buy the more "full" version, I have to purchase it.

My question is, is the free version all that I need, or should I buy it?

I already have Malwarebytes installed, so I assume that will take care of any malware.

Thanks,
Louis
To answer your question you only get what you pay for....
Obviously paid versions will have more features & support than a free version....
How much do you value your security? your choice.

I used AVast for a couple of years but had some issues, including a bad spyware problem after my kids used my laptop (online games and downloads.... Bad).

I've since switched and prefer Webroot and have had no problems. Full versions just can't be beat.

Back
Top Bottom