Is This A Mother Board Issue???

PhotoJedi

Solid State Member
Okay...So my system went down completely...With some help from my neighbor I re-installed the operating system which would be Windows XP

The first thing i have noticed is twice now after rebooting i have had to reset the clock...Could that be a problem with the mother board?

Also for updates to the mother board i went to MSI and down loaded thier update tool which scans the system....I did some of the updates and they completed but after a reboot and rescaned the system it showed it still needed the updates that i had just done....Again is this a issue with the mother board????

When you reinstall or reformat the hard drive and install a copy of windows, windows uses the motherboard time to get the accurate time. If the motherboard time is off, so will the windows until you adjust it. Regarding your board drivers. I would download them individually. I would have went through a piece of software to search which ones I need. Or use the disc that came with the board if you've got it.

I had the same issue. What I did was, I changed the bios battery and set the time in the bios and then every time I booted up my computer the time was normal

Back
Top Bottom