Getting hacked and lost everything

Felan

Beta member
A few days ago I got a message on my laptop saying another IP had connected to my laptop. At first I never thought anything off it and nothing was looking weird and the virus protection antivast free what I was using was all okay. Last night I was on Twitter replying to tweets and then my windows were closing and noticed a messaging saying that my computer had been effected and all my files were deleting themselves. Sadly I lost everything and my brother had to reset my laptop back to default basically like what it was when it was new.

I re-downloaded antivirus and got McAfee for free for a trail. I got a message about 20 minutes ago saying another IP had connected to my laptop again and I am worried the same thing is going to happen again and again.

Can anyone help me? Is there away I can stop this IP from connected? I am with BT and have a Acer laptop 5742Z.

If anyone can give me some free advice or help or how to stop this it would mean a lot.

Thanks.

A few days ago I got a message on my laptop saying another IP had connected to my laptop. At first I never thought anything off it and nothing was looking weird and the virus protection antivast free what I was using was all okay. Last night I was on Twitter replying to tweets and then my windows were closing and noticed a messaging saying that my computer had been effected and all my files were deleting themselves. Sadly I lost everything and my brother had to reset my laptop back to default basically like what it was when it was new.

I re-downloaded antivirus and got McAfee for free for a trail. I got a message about 20 minutes ago saying another IP had connected to my laptop again and I am worried the same thing is going to happen again and again.

Can anyone help me? Is there away I can stop this IP from connected? I am with BT and have a Acer laptop 5742Z.

If anyone can give me some free advice or help or how to stop this it would mean a lot.

Thanks.
Whether you using cable connection or Wifi, make sure you have decent firewall running.

I think you should consider a better Internet Security suit to use....

I recommend Nortons as I use it, others to consider are Kaspersky or Eset nod32....
OP will recommend other brand names but do your home work carefully on choosing a better product....

I see two possibilities here as to why it's come back.

The first is that the infection wasn't completely destroyed when you got re-installed. If the MFT wasn't deleted and reformatted a rootkit could still be laying in there. A full format, not the quick one that many re-install disks default to, would be needed to clean that up.

The second is that you re-installed something, or re-copied over an infected file. Ditch McAffee and look into Kaspersky or NOD32 like MMM recommended (NOD32 is my favorite). Using those, scan every document you happened to have a copy of before putting them back onto the computer, and if possible set the program to scan external devices when they are plugged in to prevent auto-play infections. Do the same with executables you download to re-install your programs. Assuming it's not a rootkit like I mentioned before, it's likely that one of those are re-infecting you.

I see two possibilities here as to why it's come back.

The first is that the infection wasn't completely destroyed when you got re-installed. If the MFT wasn't deleted and reformatted a rootkit could still be laying in there. A full format, not the quick one that many re-install disks default to, would be needed to clean that up.

The second is that you re-installed something, or re-copied over an infected file. Ditch McAffee and look into Kaspersky or NOD32 like MMM recommended (NOD32 is my favorite). Using those, scan every document you happened to have a copy of before putting them back onto the computer, and if possible set the program to scan external devices when they are plugged in to prevent auto-play infections. Do the same with executables you download to re-install your programs. Assuming it's not a rootkit like I mentioned before, it's likely that one of those are re-infecting you.

Thanks are these free? I need something that is free. My brother re-set everything bu the IP message came back again. So it must be still there.

What exactly does the "IP message" say? Are you sure it isn't just saying that you have an IP conflict with another device on the network? Try reserving an IP for this machine in DHCP. It's possible that the IP message and the virus issues are two different, unrelated problems.

If it is someone doing this, and not a virus(sounds like a virus) You can change your i.p(might be how they are getting into your computer. Click start then run and type cmd. Then type ipconfig /release. after that type ipconfig/renew. It will give you a new i.p address. If it is a virus, i recommend having a good antivirus and antimalware, then running your computer into safe mode and scanning your whole computer with your antivirus and antimalware.

Back
Top Bottom