I broke my laptop screen, can it be replaced?

skiiermike

Baseband Member
Well some how I busted my laptop screen. It has a small crack inside the glass. It still works fine but looks gross, color has run all over the place.

It's a brand new Acer 5750-9460. Can it be replaced?

There are a ton of laptop part websites out there that are searchable by model number. You might find that the replacement screen costs almost as much as a new laptop depending on the model though.

its a 15.6 inch screen right? it shouldnt be toooo to expensive there very easy to fix (google/youtube) a tutorial on it and search the net for the screen it will probably run you about $80

It is very expensive if you will try to replace a new screen. As you said the color of it run all over the place. For replacing the screen you will pay for the screen itself, labor etc.and will cost somehow $250 - $400. I suggest you buy a new laptop instead of replacing a screen only.

it wont cost anywhere near that, i do them all them time for customers i found a screen for your PC on ebay for $75 and like i said look up on google how to do it, its about a 10-15 min fix

If you take it to Staples, Best Buy, or any other place similar, it will be $300 and up, so don't even bother. Your best bet is to find a replacement part, and try installing it yourself, or just use an external monitor.

The lcd membrane has been punctured somehow. If there is not outward signs of damage to the laptop itself I'd send it back to have the screen replaced. Under warranty of course.
If it's out of warranty then fixing it yourself is the best route to go. Really it's not complicated to do. You just have to pay attention to what you're doing.

Thanks everyone for the responses. It's under warranty but it is physical damage so it's not covered. I still may send it back as it's $199 including return shipping.

Back
Top Bottom