what should i give maximum speed in power iso to make bootable dvd ?

Tanveer

Beta member
i have installed power iso..i have also backupo of windows 7 ultimate..i have hp dvd 260 RW...so i want to make bootable cd..how much burining speed is require..? 4x or 6 6x or 10x or 16x or 24 x..?

Doesn't matter burrning speed. Generally a slower speed will equal less errors and a more successful burn. But CD/DVD's are cheap enough that I use the fastest I can and it works out 95+% of the time.

Agreed; particularly if you are going to using the disc in an older drive.

That goes for CDs, too.

I smell a troll... :rolleyes:

:peace: I can say with absolute certainty that that is the first time I've been called that. :angel:

To the OP (if your still checking) in truth the slower the speed the better the results. But as celegorm said, it seems that burning fast is causing less issues for me as well than it use to. I would guess that discs and drives are both getting better and therefore are equaling better results at faster burn rates - of course I have no data to back that up.

Perhaps the answer would be to burn at a speed somewhere in the middle.

Well, here's the deal-- the slower the rotational speed of the disc, the wider the data track will be burned in. For most readers, even the narrowest track is readable.

However, for older readers, and ones with dingy or dirty lenses, the narrower tracks can lead to read errors.

If you are like me and use your equipment for literally decades, then that old CD Walkman might not like to read a CD burned at 64x, but will read one done at 10x (because that's the slowest my burner will go).

Back
Top Bottom