Overclocking Phenom II 970 x4

Qajs1

Beta member
I have an AMD Phenom II 970 x4 at 3.5GHz with no Overclocking yet.

I also have an ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB which is dynamic with the processor given (The Radeon series is good with this processor)

I would like to know how to boost the speeds of both of these to dynamically play games at higher FPS.

I am very thankful for any help!

ALSO: This is off topic, but should I go for a course on JAVA Coding or Computer Engineering (Computer engineering is building, repairing, and configuring computers)

You could overclock it, but there's so much you can do with your specs as well!

If you want a significant change, upgrade your GPU like a Radeon 7770.

I just overclocked my 970 to 4.2 ghz this morning actually. I use a water cooling setup and I know I can get higher speeds out of it once I take some more time to actually pay attention and play with my settings. Asus also has a nice gpu tweaker with the ai suite designed for asus mobos. overclocking will depend in a large part which mobo you have. I just upgraded to a crosshair v formula. If overclocking isnt you thing, then like Ihuser said, purchase a higher end GPU like the Radeon 7770. I use a HD 4870 X2 which seems to just fine for me.

Also, I am a computer engineering major currently and you WILL learn programming in this major. I am currently learning java and c++. Yes you will build,config, and repair computers but the major focuses more on developing hardware and you can specialize in MANY things IE: robotics, nanotech. Think of it like this, computer engineers learn programming but focus on the hardware side of things, and computer science majors focus on programming but many only get a basic understanding of he hardware side of things.

I just overclocked my 970 to 4.2 ghz this morning actually. I use a water cooling setup and I know I can get higher speeds out of it once I take some more time to actually pay attention and play with my settings. Asus also has a nice gpu tweaker with the ai suite designed for asus mobos. overclocking will depend in a large part which mobo you have. I just upgraded to a crosshair v formula. If overclocking isnt you thing, then like Ihuser said, purchase a higher end GPU like the Radeon 7770. I use a HD 4870 X2 which seems to just fine for me.

Also, I am a computer engineering major currently and you WILL learn programming in this major. I am currently learning java and c++. Yes you will build,config, and repair computers but the major focuses more on developing hardware and you can specialize in MANY things IE: robotics, nanotech. Think of it like this, computer engineers learn programming but focus on the hardware side of things, and computer science majors focus on programming but many only get a basic understanding of he hardware side of things.

Thanks so much for the help dieter. I'm taking computer engineering and web design this year while I'm going to take java next year! :)

Back
Top Bottom