Need some criticism

Oooh, I see what you mean-- I have a wide screen, so everything is visible for me, though there still is a L/R scrollbar for me...

I think it may have to do with the size of the background image (picture to the right)... There is so much of it hidden under the forum on the left; maybe you should make all that white transparent?

Would both of you post a screen shot of the main page? I don't understant why there woulld be a scroll bar.
As for making the filters white, I don't think that would look so good. I used the blue filters to keep in the spirit of the background image. I did resize the BG image from the gate so it's only 1600px wide. The header is set at 98% of the background image using that as a size referance. I need to look in to making the percentage a pixel fixed setting. See if that makes the scrollbar go away.
As for the system jumping to another theme when you switch pages, that comes from the cookie. If you clear your AA cookies out it'll stop doing that. The black and gray is the default theme anyway. It'll refer back to that sometimes.
Thanks for your help guys. I'll come back to this thread as I go along.

Untitled.png

Hmm...
Ok to fix that runoff I changed the header width from 154% to 1540px. Now it's fixed to remain that width on any screen. It may be the toplinks login display that's pushing the search box over causing the header to expand. If that's the case I'll make the links backgrounds go away. I may resize the background image to match the header. If I do I'll have to shave off equal amounts on both sides to keep her from slipping under the forum list. Her ear is right on the edge of the list right now and that's just where I want it. Thankfully VB has position settings so you can place the background image right where you want it.
And the best news I have so far is I found through trial and error how to park a text message in the navbar. Right at the end of the toplinks opening div where it defines the class, I parked the text wrapped in a html print command. I then reposition the toplinks in the navbar and that was that.
Right now I'm working on getting rid of the bottom pagination. You have to be careful to not indiscriminately comment out or remove pagination statements. If you have multi-page threadlists and multi-page threads, you want them in there otherwise you'll never get past the first page. I just want to take out the bottom one.
Reason being the top pagination gets shoved around when you use position commands for other parts of the page such as toplinks and the navbar in the CSS. When you reposition the pagination, ALL of them move. Threadlist, postlist, and a lot of other places. There has to be a pagination bottom hook somewhere. I just haven't found it yet. I posted over at the mothership and awaiting a reply.

Hmm...
Ok to fix that runoff I changed the header width from 154% to 1540px. Now it's fixed to remain that width on any screen. It may be the toplinks login display that's pushing the search box over causing the header to expand. If that's the case I'll make the links backgrounds go away. I may resize the background image to match the header. If I do I'll have to shave off equal amounts on both sides to keep her from slipping under the forum list. Her ear is right on the edge of the list right now and that's just where I want it. Thankfully VB has position settings so you can place the background image right where you want it.
And the best news I have so far is I found through trial and error how to park a text message in the navbar. Right at the end of the toplinks opening div where it defines the class, I parked the text wrapped in a html print command. I then reposition the toplinks in the navbar and that was that.
Right now I'm working on getting rid of the bottom pagination. You have to be careful to not indiscriminately comment out or remove pagination statements. If you have multi-page threadlists and multi-page threads, you want them in there otherwise you'll never get past the first page. I just want to take out the bottom one.
Reason being the top pagination gets shoved around when you use position commands for other parts of the page such as toplinks and the navbar in the CSS. When you reposition the pagination, ALL of them move. Threadlist, postlist, and a lot of other places. There has to be a pagination bottom hook somewhere. I just haven't found it yet. I posted over at the mothership and awaiting a reply.

I still have a horizontal scroll:

Attachments

• Anime Appeal 1.jpg
    Anime Appeal 1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2
Finally found what was causing it. The links below the tabs div container was much bigger than the text content inside it. When I reduced the size and adjusted the position of the text the scrollbar went way.
I did go ahead and adjust the size of the main background image to mate up with the width of the header. I have to admit it does look better.
I need 2 status icons though. One a deep rich blue and one a blood red. The same color as her ribbon or pretty close would be good. 60 high and 40 wide.

What kind of status icons?

Yes, the scrollbar is gone now (at least in 1600 x 900 resolution).

You know the ones that are along side the forums that show a new post? Something that size.

Back
Top Bottom