Win 7 Home Group: Wired and Wireless

For grins, can you tell me what happens when you disable the windows firewall and AVG?

Also, some routers allow you to turn off their firewall. While I really don't recommend you doing it long term, it might be worth a shot as well. A Firmware update might assist you as well.

I've turned off the firewall. Doesn't matter. Anyway, this worked yesterday and worked a lot. I even had a homegroup and now I don't. It's like these two computers are barely connected.

Ron...I'm out of ideas. Make sure if you right click on the printer, there is an option to 'use offline'. That may be checked?

Thanks anyway for the attempt. If I use the wireless connection (and also the lan) the laptop can see and use the printers. Only on the wireless connection. I think that means each computer has two MAC addresses.

Still don't have a home group and there's other weird network stuff going on; the laptop's network (from file explorer) when expanded only shows Media Player devices, and doesn't even show the laptop itself. Weird. The desktop can see the laptop's drives and access them. So the desktop is OK.

RON

Back
Top Bottom