Floppers95

Solid State Member
the hardware i bought is:
CPU: AMD FX 8150 Black edtion
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
Graficcard: Club 3D Radeon HD 6950
HD: Seagate 2TB (64mb buffer 7200rpm)
RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600MHz

Hi. i almost just bought some new computer hardware... and sadly it doesn't work right, boot time takes like 40secs before even geting to windows starting logo,when in windows the mouse.. marker thingy :s lags when moving around, and when in a game i lag as if i was using my old Pentium 4. btw non of my new hardware is overclocked.
i have also updated the BIOS but that didn't seem to work in the end...
also started with 1 ram block. i had some trouble installing windows 7 64bit from the start... not sure if i remember what i did, but i think thats when i installed windows with 1 RAM block, booting also took like 5sec. if more info needed, just tell me :). (sorry for any spelling errors :s)

Use a diagnosis tool for your hard drive. Check for viruses. If you added more RAM and it goes slower, try running a memtest diagnostic.

Use a diagnosis tool for your hard drive. Check for viruses. If you added more RAM and it goes slower, try running a memtest diagnostic.
hey. apparently it was my mouse that made it lag... odd.... but now its like my computer wont work with windows :s like some programs takes a bit longer to install and some wont start :s but if i were to run a diagnosis witch tool would you recommend? :3

Well, it happens on mouse with dirty contacts or crappy mouse pads and some just dies; seen that happen.

Well, hardware diagnostics are out of the question for now, but which programs does not install/run?

Well, it happens on mouse with dirty contacts or crappy mouse pads and some just dies; seen that happen.

Well, hardware diagnostics are out of the question for now, but which programs does not install/run?
well... when surfing on the net with firefox some pages wont load... along with steam, wont start up. keeps standing on "steam is updating". and i have used the same windows dvd on another computer (yesterday :p) and it works fine. could it be the motherboard or the cpu? or maybe a bad driver? because i know every thing else works!

Hmm, have you tried uninstalling/resinstalling the application? Checked for Virus/malware? Checked for updates (including optional)? Updating drivers won't do much, but hey, since you're at it, check that too.

i have reinstalled windows (about 14 times :s) downloaded the drivers for motherboard and graphic card, and used my cd's i even tried installing winXP 64-bit but it went to bluescreenofdeath when about to install it. i really think there is a physical problem :s because the mouse i used lagged on the new on but works GREAT! on my laptop and my backup gaming computer... are there any more tips you can give me? or should i try and send to....... repair? as far i as i know i haven't voided the warranty on the motherboard... but i have on the cpu for not using the stock cooler -.-

Run hardware diagnostics. Check the memory using Memtest86. HDTune offers some basic diagnostics for the hard drive. For more detailed diagnostics, use the diagnostic utility from the hard drive's manufacturer.

For a good diagnostic program for your hard drive, you can also grab UBCD, which I can call it an all-in-one resource disc.

In the same CD, you have Memtest86.

Back
Top Bottom