Wireless card connects local and internet but for fisrt 1 min I get nothing ?

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Card has been updated to the latest drivers. Turn the pc on and the computer connects locally and to the internet. I hit chrome and tried also internet explorer and for about the first min i am unable to access the web ?

After about 1 min it all works on both browsers ?

Any ideas ?

Error messages when you open Chrome/IE? Is it just taking a while to load the page or do you get 'page can not be displayed' error message?

Try opening the cmd prompt and pinging during this first minute. While you are there check your IP Address.

Error messages when you open Chrome/IE? Is it just taking a while to load the page or do you get 'page can not be displayed' error message?

Try opening the cmd prompt and pinging during this first minute. While you are there check your IP Address.

No error messages from both browsers, just says connecting to Google or something similar.

Then it sounds like it's just taking it's time while it loads everything else.

Start>Run>MSConfig - uncheck anything that is not required at startup.

Doing the ping from the cmd prompt should tell us though if it's connected and it's just loading in the background and thus not showing Chrome/IE.

Yh I have already trimmed the start-up items, Only few major things running.

I dont have the laptop atm, I just remembered about the problem and posted, When i see it next i shall try to ping from cmd.

Thanks for the advice

Run CCleaner from time to time. I have to do that on our lobby computer from time to time as it does what you describe. Also you might want to run malware and virus scans from safe mode. Catches the little bas**rds napping.
Stinger is another good romp and stomp anti virus scanner to use.
Combofix is what I call a last resort scanner program. It is unmericfull and doggedly relentless. It can on some real rare occasions do more harm than good. That's why I call it a last resort program.
Only get that bad girl from bleepingcomputers forum.

Back
Top Bottom