i have a weird problem with netgear router.

Thanat0s24

Beta member
I have a netgear WNR1000v2 router, and I am having the strangest problem.. During peak hours at night, the internet slows WAY WAY down, from 20mbps, to ~1mbps.. I have attached the modem directly to the computer during these hours, and the speed is back up to 20ish.. The weird part is this, during the day, my internet is blazing fast, through the router, as it is supposed to be.. I am confused how this is possible, because it seems as if the ROUTER is slowing the internet down at peak hours, and not the internet itself.. Have any of you encountered anything similar? Thanks for your time!

The password to the router itself does nothing but chalenge who gets in to the setup program.
If you have a router that has a broad signal footprint then you can bet real money one of your neibours is getting on through your wifi. Set up the router so it's access to the internet is based on the mac numbers in your hardware. That is if you're using the wireless.
If you're hardwired in to the router then go in to the router's setup and disable the wireless.

The password to the router itself does nothing but chalenge who gets in to the setup program.
If you have a router that has a broad signal footprint then you can bet real money one of your neibours is getting on through your wifi. Set up the router so it's access to the internet is based on the mac numbers in your hardware. That is if you're using the wireless.
If you're hardwired in to the router then go in to the router's setup and disable the wireless.

i didn't change the routers password, i changed the wifi password

I have the same problem. I have cable internet and it's known the slow down during peak hours. It's because you are sharing that connection with hundreds to even thousands of users.

Back
Top Bottom