iTunes Crashes Laptop After Restart

CaffeineTripp

Beta member
For some reason, unbeknownst to me, this keeps happening. Always with iTunes updates, but sometimes with other program updates, though not nearly as frequent.
After restarting the laptop, it will turn on for five to fifteen seconds, and then shut off for approximately forty five minutes to an hour after constant attempts to restart and load the recovery disc. It will finally load the recovery disc so I can do a disk check on the HD, but comes up with no errors. I do believe that the BIOS is up to date.
The crashes still happened even before loading the current OS; from Vista x86 to 7 x86.
As a side note, I know some laptops seem to have trouble staying on for quite a while and crashing due to heat. My laptop was on for approximately a day, battery connected and connected to power (as the battery is junk).
I found, with SIW, that the temperatures are within the normal range, so I'm not sure that is problem.
The Satellite P200s seem to have some crashing problems, but nothing that I've read is this severe, let alone after updating a program. More so, they have problems with the screen going blank, but the computer still functional.

Running the current version of iTunes (10.6.0.4), Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7438.

Back
Top Bottom