Got my eye on a new laptop

I got it yesterday and other than geting used to another keyboard layout, it's great. The wider screen and faster speeds blow me away. Even my Clearwire connection is faster.
At 2:00pm this afternoon I booted up on the battery to see how long it's going to last. I'm running the Clearwire usb device and my WD external drive along with a usb mouse. Right now as I type this, the power indicator shows 2hrs 27mins left. Not too bad considering all the goodies it's pushing.
I have to check on something that's not in the local documentation. There's what appears to be a switch of some sort located just above the dimple in the touchpad. I'd venture it's the touchpad kill switch. But I think I'll poke around the HP site and find out for sure.
Be my luck it's a self destruct switch... :)

Lasted to 4:41pm my time. Not too shabby. When the battery comes back up I'll disconnect everything and see how long it lasts.

TBH I'm pretty happy with it so far.

That is a good battery life, especially considered to my Core 2 Duo systems. One lasted 2:30 max, while the other is roughly 1:45 due to the 17" screen. What stinks is that I need a battery since one now lasts less than 15 mins.

I have to check on something that's not in the local documentation. There's what appears to be a switch of some sort located just above the dimple in the touchpad. I'd venture it's the touchpad kill switch.

It is. Double tap on it.

The dimple is the touchpad switch. The little tip sticking out above it is the on/off led.
So much to learn about this model.

When I saw the Asus G73JW laptop I knew I had to have one. At the moment it is too expensive of course but I doubt even in a year or two that there would come out a laptop with a more appealing design.

Back
Top Bottom