Toshiba C655D LCD Replacement

jlcpcnc

Baseband Member
So a customer brought me their Toshiba with a cracked LCD screed.

I ordered a replacement and it did not function.

I connected all wires properly and even re-installed the cracked screen and it functioned.

The seller told me that they test each screen and that I must be doing something wrong, I then proceeded to tell him/her/them that I have been a computer technician for 12 years and I have a team of technicians that go over each others work just to make sure all is well.

The the seller said oh well you need a new cable.....I said, "really?" so why does the old LCD function just fine? So after some discussion I try a brand new cable and it still did not work. I finally got the seller to agree to cross ship me a replacement. What a pain in the butt.

It's just compatibility issue,the screen you were trying to use is not compatible with the toshiba laptop.either resolution not compatible or the flex interface pin doesn't correspond with the flex cable,just try another screen.
Cheers!!!

Which was exactly what I told them. I need screen V000212280 and they sent me a "compatible" screen. Which was not compatible.

Finally got them to agree to cross ship but still when you advertise a part do not send a compatible part send what you advertise.

Ok,but it doesn't mean,you still have to try different screen,the label on the screen mean nothing,u can test by using a scrap system screen just to confirm.
As u said earlier u tried the default damage screen work fine so nothing is wrong with the system,because the new screen can still work with another system,it's just electronic trick.

Don't forget; defective product. They test their screens, so? Shipping and maneuvering can kill that screen.

That supposedly compatible screen must come from Toshiba or a screen designed for Toshiba.

Don't forget; defective product. They test their screens, so? Shipping and maneuvering can kill that screen.

That supposedly compatible screen must come from Toshiba or a screen designed for Toshiba.

Which is exactly what I told them.

They tried to say oh we fix hundreds a week and sell thousand a week and my response was well I am sure you are use to getting a few doa then so do the right thing and replace the defective part.

I mean I am not trying to scam them jesus I just want to fix my customers laptop.

Where was this item bought?
That's what they say all the time...they really don't want buyers to return their stock.

Screen must not come from toshiba,it's just electronics they work with each other if they are compatible with one another.
I've tried it twice and it was OK!!

Back
Top Bottom