Late but good question(is there an answer?)

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
When intel released northwood way back when, they lowered the L2 cache on the celerons to 1/4 of the pentiums. The Williamette celerons also had 128k. There are also identical models, the 1.8 and the 2.0.

Other than the 130/180nm difference and power usage, would there be any performance difference when using a Williamette Celeron 2.0 versus a Northwood Celeron 2.0?

Wikiapedia says:

Celeron 2.0: SL68F, 2000mhz, 128kb, 400mhz, 71.2 Watts, 180nm

Celeron 2.0: SL6VY, 2000mhz, 128kb, 400mhz, 52.8 Watts, 130nm

Is there a difference between the L1 cache? On paper, they look pretty much the same.

At the end of the day it's still a Celeron. Every Celeron I've ever ran was dog slow...

Doesn't Semprons outperform Celerons though?

Anyways, to answer your question, the two CPUs are the same, however one uses a different power scheme, thus, reducing power consumption. Other than that, I believe they are the same exact thing.

Doesn't Semprons outperform Celerons though?

Anyways, to answer your question, the two CPUs are the same, however one uses a different power scheme, thus, reducing power consumption. Other than that, I believe they are the same exact thing.

I believe they are. I needed a cheap board/CPU combo and the Celeron on the LGA775 board won.

I have no idea about the L1, but I know the northwood has more transistors, lol. It will bug me enough one day that I'll have to go out and buy both to benchmark them ^_^

You can do that if you want, but I doubt you'll get different results, and if you do, it's probably by a few specs of dusts.

Back
Top Bottom