im building a comp help

Im not focusing on it, im fully aware that he is using a GPU,
im just explaining what the Z68 is optimized in and why he should not get it with the 2550k

His BEST option is the P67 and 2550k as the base frequency is higher than the 2500k and the mobo is optimized for taking advantage of the unlocked intel processors.

its like buying a thickshake, but picking a straw which you would use with coke.
You will get the thickshake eventually, but it wouldn't be as good as getting a thickshake straw.

I agree with that. The P67 offers more performance, but if his budget's a little tight, that could be why he's settling with a Z68.

ok i was looking at the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P with a intel i7 2600k and i would be over clocking but would i get a better result from a p67 mobo and y is this

thanks

It's fine, but if you intend to OC like crazy, a P67 chipset based motherboard would be better, if not, then go for it.

i don't think you guys are right about that the chipset p67 is better for overclocking than the z68.
it's mostly op to the build of the motherboard, and z68 is the same as p67 just with extra features.

Back
Top Bottom