AMD or Intel

I personally prefer Intel because their CPUs have more cache than the AMD equivalents and that matters to me. However, that's not to say AMD is "rubbish", they're not, if you're on a budget, AMD is definitely the way to go, their CPUs do offer better for value than the Intel CPUs. It depends what you want, but for me, I'd stick with Intel. My friend has a Phenom II X4 840 and it does everything he needs it to do and more.

Have to give it to AMD. They don't always have the best processors, Intel usually has better ones. But they go with superior motherboards.

Heres the thing, AMD and intel are Prity much the same.

If you want a CPU for gaming then AMD is the way to go. But if you want proformance for video editing rendering etc then intel is your chip.

I'm a bit biased since I work for Intel, however, at one point Intel shared data with AMD so we'd have some competition. Of course now the two companies are in non-disclosure and have gone separate ways, but the question still remains: would AMD be around if Intel hadn't been around to jump-start?

I have been using Intel core2duo and one of my friend used AMD now he has changed his entire motherboard and is now using Intel, i think its easy for you to decide by my post.

As I read through this thread, I see some interesting comments.

In my experience, I've found that age has a considerable impact on this issue. Young folks, (primarily under 35 years of age), generally tend to lean AMD. Those who are very young and single have little money, so they go with the less expensive choice. Those young people raising a family, are also prone to AMD for the same reason. AMD makes reliable components at reasonable prices.

However, when you look at older folks, (generally over 40), who are making a good living, where money is not an issue, and they want the best performance possible, regardless of cost, they'll always go Intel.

I know that was my personal story for sure. From an investment point of view I held AMD stock for years. Then, I held both Intel & AMD stock, and over the years, my Intel holdings consistently outperformed my AMD investments. Eventually I sold all my AMD shares, and now own only Intel, and that was a very good move for me.

Back
Top Bottom